- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA)
- Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF)
- GBR Legacy
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- Phoenix Islands Protected Area (PIPA)
- International Union for Conservation (IUCN)
- C2O Consulting
- James Cook University (JCU)
- Reef Restoration Foundation
- Sealink Queensland
- Museum of Underwater Art (MoUA)
- Reef Check
- Whitsundays Regional Council
- G Adventures
- Planeterra Foundation
- Explore Whitsundays
- Fisheries Queensland
- Australian Rural Leadership Foundation
Partners and Clients
Reef Ecologic engages in strategic partnerships with communities, businesses, governments and the NGO community to design and implement innovative solutions to environmental challenges. Our strategic partnerships allow us to facilitate access to a broader range of resources and expertise, and to foster and strengthen collaborations to improve project outcomes.
Our fundamental obligation is to protect the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the World Heritage Area.
We do this by striving to ensure all human uses of the Park are ecologically sustainable and that the ecosystem’s natural functions, especially resilience, are maintained. The Reef is a phenomenal wonder and presenting its natural values to the world through industry and public uses is an important and positive part of this presentation.
The Great Barrier Reef Foundation exists to ensure a Great Barrier Reef for future generations. We are a charity dedicated exclusively to protecting the Great Barrier Reef through raising funds for scientific research.
The Foundation was established in 2000 in response to the United Nations World Heritage Convention encouraging countries with world heritage sites to establish a national foundation whose purpose is to invite donations for their protection.